Skip to main content

Anthony's birthday cheesecake

Last year Anthony requested I make a cheesecake with a peanut butter cookie crust. So I made a crust out of nutter butters, poured half of my cheesecake batter into the crust, added a layer of mini peanut butter chips, and then the rest of my cheesecake batter. It was quite good.

My basic batter has whipping cream and no sour cream. Anthony seems to like my cheesecake made this way so I stick with it and add various things

This year Anthony wants a summer cheesecake with a lemon cookie crust.
I have come up with this =)

Crust:
2 cups lemon filled cookie crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons sugar

Raspberry sauce: (that was my surprise part for Anthony)
2 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Cheesecake filling:
3 packages (8 ounces each) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 cup whipping cream (*I used less* use 1 cup for plain cheesecake filling)
*1/3 cup lime juice (eliminate for plain cheesecake filling)

Combine crust ingredients to make crust; press into bottom and up sides of a greased 9 inch spring form pan. Chill 1 hour or until firm.

Puree berries in a blender of food processor. Press through a sieve into a measuring cup; discard berries into another cup. Add water to seed and press through sieve again. Add water to berries in measuring cup if necessary to measure 1 cup of berry juice. In a sauce pan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in raspberry juice; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate sauce.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla until fluffy. Add egg whites; beat on low until just blended. Stir in cream and *lime juice.

Pour half of the cream cheese filling into the crust. Top with 3/4 raspberry sauce. Carefully spoon the other half of the cream cheese filling on top.

Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until center is nearly set. Refrigerate overnight. Spoon chilled leftover raspberry sauce on top when serving.

----For presentation sake I am not spooning raspberry sauce on top. I am cutting paper thin slices of an orange to arrange on top----

And you have my version of a triple citrus cheesecake :) with a raspberry ribbon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.