Skip to main content

The Spotted Pig

**2009 edit*** I just realized this was a Mario Batali restaurant** yay

We were in New York City over the weekend and while I was watching Rachael Ray she actually recommended two NYC restaurants. She doesn't usually do that on 30 minute meals but I had DH look up the restaurants and we decided on going to Spotted Pig. It was the best dinner I've ever eaten.

I ordered quail stuffed with chorizo, goat cheese souffle, and a salad with spanish almonds.

DH ordered a huge burger with shoestring fries.

All night I told him he was missing out because my meal was SO good!

I think drinks may have been expensive. DH had a beer and iced tea, and I had two rum and cokes.

In total we spent about $100 on dinner.
Phew NYC is expensive

The restuarant is in the Greenich Village area. It was fun to walk around and check out the other restaurants in the area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.