Skip to main content

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

 



I don't usually make cream of soup casseroles, but I wanted chicken and stuffing.  This was really easy by Cambell's Soup.  
I woke up at 4am to report for snow removal at 5 and still did grocery pick up and made this dinner.


  • Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1 stalk celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup chicken broth This is half a can
  • 3 cup dry Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing (about 6 ounces) This is half a bag
  • 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast I used a rotisserie chicken that I diced and salted and peppered
  • 1 can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Changes for the future:  add some diced mushrooms to the cream of mushroom soup.  Add some sage seasoning to the stuffing.  People also recommended adding a side of cranberry sauce to really make it feel like the holidays!  

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a saucepan melt the two tablespoons butter.  While it's melting dice half an onion and the celery stalk.  Add to the melted butter.  Stir veggies until softened.  Add 1 cup of chicken broth and cook until boiling.  Remove pan from heat and stir in stuffing.  Smash stuffing into the bottom of a casserole dish.  Next layer is the diced and seasoning chicken.  For the sauce, mix together the milk and mushroom soup in a small bowl then pour over top the chicken layer.  Lastly sprinkle on paprika.  





I served the casserole with red skin mashed potatoes.  I wash my potatoes, peel some of the skins off, dice into uniform size pieces, then place in heavily salted cold water.  Bring to a boil until potatoes are soft.  Drain.  Throw into a stand mixer with butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a splash of milk.  Blend until smooth.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.