Skip to main content

Apple Pie Cheesecake Squares

I havent made anything since DHs birthday at the beach. These sounded easy enough! I just pulled them out of the oven and they smell great. I cant wait to cool them and taste.

Apple Pie Cheesecake Squares
From Blessed8/21/04 who got them from another nestie on the What's Cooking board :)

2 (8oz) cans crescent roll dough
8 oz light cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1 (20 oz) can apple pie filling, or any flavor you desire
2 t. butter, melted
1/8 c. sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" baking pan with non-stick spray

2) Press one can crescent roll dough evenly into the bottom of the baking pan. In a medium bowl, mix

together cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. Spread evenly over

crescent layer, stopping 1/2" from edges. Spoon apple pie filling over cream cheese layer. Unroll second can

of crescent roll dough and lay on top of apple pie layer-pinch seams together but do not press down.

3) Brush the top layer of crescent dough with melted butter. In a small bowl, combine sugar and

cinnamon-sprinkle evenly over top of butter layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is crisp and golden.

Allow to cool before cutting into squares. Top with cool whip. Store in refrigerator.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.