Skip to main content

Grilling at 10pm

We saw the new Batman movie Dark Knight last night. We went to a 6:50 show and got home really late and we hadn't eaten yet. We already had meat marinading all day so we went ahead with our grill plan. We grilled some steak and chicken. I made a cold orzo salad to go with it. We also had a green salad with our variety of salad dressings. I think we have almost 10 different dressings in our fridge :(

Orzo Salad

half a box of orzo
1 cucumber peeled and sliced thinly
crumbled feta cheese
pine nuts, toasted
vinaigrette dressing

Boil the pasta and drain the water
Toss pasta into a large bowl

Toast pine nuts in a dry skillet on top of the stove, then add to bowl

Peel and slice the cucumber into thin slices. I then cut my round slices in half and tossed them into the bowl.

Sprinkle in feta cheese as much as you prefer.

Add your vinaigrette and chill the salad for a few hours.

Stir the ingredients together well and taste

Add more dressing if needed. The pasta tends to soak up a lot of dressing while it sits in the fridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.