Skip to main content

back in the USA!

Well we went to Europe for a few weeks. DH should have some food photos on his computer from before we left but I dont know when he'll get around to that.

Because it's hot and we dont have air conditioning (old house) I wanted to make something in the crockpot. I decided on cranberry chicken. I added some steamed broccoli and white rice as sides. The sauce on the chicken is seriously so yummy!

Cranberry Chicken
(from a saved document in my recipes but it doesn't have a source listed)

4 boneless chicken breasts (you could fit more in if you have a big crockpot. there is a lot of sauce to go around)
1 can whole cranberry sauce
2/3 cup chili sauce (it's usually bottled like ketchup and heinz does make chili sauce too)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 packet of dry onion soup mix

Mix everything together in the crockpot
I make sure there is liquid under the chicken and on top so the chicken doesn't stick to the bottom of the crockpot and so it stays flavorful on all sides

I was home all day so I wasn't really slow cooking
I turned my crockpot on high for 1.5 hours
Then I turned it to low for another 1.5 hours

When I checked my chicken it was starting to fall apart.
I think I could have put it on low for 4-5 hours and it would have been fine but if you are planning to leave this in for an 8 hour work day I'm not sure how great it'll be when you get home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.