Skip to main content

Happy St Patricks Day

I had a grad class on St Patricks Day and I had signed up to bring in snacks so I wanted something in the holiday spirit. I made chocolate cupcakes with creme de menthe frosting. The frosting is the same recipe I used for the Creme de Menthe Brownies. I ended up needing to make this frosting recipe twice in order to have enough to cover 24 cupcakes. I thought I was going to get through all of them with one batch :) not quite!

Cream ¼ cup butter; gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 to 2 tbsp of milk if mixture seems too thick to spread.





Because I had work and then class after work I wasn't going to be home until 8pm. I ran home during lunch and threw my corned beef meal in the crockpot and set it on low so it would have about 8 hours of cooking time. It was so yummy! We had some extra veggies afterward because my piece of meat was only about 2 pounds, not 3 as the recipe suggested. The good news is once St Patricks day was over, corned beef went on sale :) so I have one in the fridge for Monday

Here is the recipe I used
Corned Beef and Cabbage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.