Skip to main content

Taylor Gourmet comes to Bethesda

Taylor Gourmet/

We tried Taylor Gourmet for lunch today. Happy Labor Day everyone!!
Ordered a 12 inch 9th Street Italian, the Risotto Balls, had red hot chips, and tried two of the fabulous fountain drink choices. They don't serve Coke or Sprite here! We had cream soda and black cherry soda instead :) The drinks are artificial color free, and use cane sugar, no corn syrup.

The Risotto balls were amazing! After Ed's win on Top Chef for his risotto balls I imagine that the food blog world will soon have many posts on making them :) Taylor's were spicy!

The sub was good, the meat and cheese were better quality than you'll get at Subway.

I'm not sure if it's worth getting the rolls from Philly. I thought the roll was hard to chew through.

I really wanted a roast beef sandwich and was told they were out. It's only Saturday on a holiday weekend! How can they be out of beef???

Next time I want to try an Island Avenue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.