Skip to main content

Cajun Chicken Alfredo

 



Boyfriend requested pasta for this weekend so I made my cajun chicken alfredo recipe for him!  He had seconds :)  that means he likes it.  

Ingredients

* 4 (5-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I had two chicken breasts that weighed 1.85 lbs)  
* 1 cup blackening spice (I used cajun rib rub seasoning)
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1 cup roughly chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes
* 1/4 cup white wine
* 3 cups heavy cream
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound cooked fettuccine
* 1/2 cup sliced scallions
* Sliced cremini mushrooms

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Dredge the chicken breasts in spice and place in a large oven safe skillet over very high heat. Blacken both sides of the chicken and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Slice in strips on the bias and set aside.

In a large skillet (I clean out the chicken pan and reuse it) over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and the chicken slices.  Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.  This takes a while so be patient.  Bake some garlic bread and get a salad ready during this time.

When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in Parmesan, salt, pepper, and pasta.

Pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and grated parmesan if you have any leftover.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.