Skip to main content

I'm back to dieting.

 


Microwavable buffalo smoked chicken thighs.  Serving said 5 in a package, but it was more like 3.  It was cooked in 3.5 minutes so convenience was good.  Cost was about $10 At Wegmens.  The steamable sweet potatoes had a lot of discolored ones and I ended up not eating the entire package.  The cauliflower I think I didn't steam long enough for i to mash properly.  It was a bit of a disaster dinner.  




Ground beef, mushroom spaghetti over veggie lentil pasta.  Lentils aren't paleo, but I ate this before Lent officially started :P the pasta was good though!  


Pork chop from Everyplate with my mashed sweet potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts.  Everything was so good I ate seconds.  Oops.  To make mashed sweet potatoes I I dice and boil them and use butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in the mixer.  The brussels were just roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper at 400 degrees.  


I air fried a package of chicken tenders rubbed with cajun seasoning.  I ended up using them on salads or as a snack through the week.  I sauteed the spinach with olive oil and garlic.  Cut up a carrot.  I had carrot sticks a lot this week too!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.