We are invited to a game night and I said I'd bring taco dip and a dessert. I have made the taco dip several times before. The first time I ever ate it was at a nest get together and I got the recipe from the host. I HATE cottage cheese, but I like this dip :)
Taco Dip from Stephanie Palmer
8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
8 ounces softened cream cheese
small bottle taco sauce (not salsa)
handfuls of cheddar cheese
(Use whatever taco like toppings you want)
Mix the cream cheese and cottage cheese together and smear into the bottom of a pie plate.
Pour the bottle of taco sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture
Add handfuls of cheddar cheese on top of the hot sauce
Top with whatever taco like toppings you want!
Chill in the fridge before serving. It makes the flavors blend
For dessert I decided to try a recipe I've had for years and have never made. It seemed like it would be more summery than a bunch of chocolate stuff. Cool Whip cookies. You can make them out of any flavor cake mix, I did orange but you could do lemon or strawberry. I'm not sure if I'll make this cookie again. It depends on if DH and others like it. I think I would have liked making cupcakes with the cake mix following the instructions on the box better and adding a cream cheese frosting. mmmm
Cool Whip Cookies
* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 2 eggs
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
* 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. Beat together the whipped topping and eggs together. Add the lemon cake mix and continue to mix. Dough will be thick.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls into a bowl of confectioners' sugar and roll to coat. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8 minutes.