Skip to main content

Italian Drip Beef Sandwich

 


Ingredients:

1 beef check roast

1 can beef consomme

1 packet Italian Good Seasonings

Half jar of pepperoncini, some of the juice

1/4 cup water

Hoagie Rolls

Provolone Cheese

Butter (optional)


Place the first 5 ingredients in a crockpot on low for about 6 hours, stir ocassionaly to keep top of beef moist.

Split and butter hoagie rolls and bake in oven, 375 degrees, until a bit toasted.

When beef has fully cooked, shred in the pot.

Top buttered rolls with beef and peppers and provolone cheese.

Pop back into the oven for the cheese to melt.

Pour the juices from the crockpot into ramekins for dipping.


I served the sandwiches with red skin mashed potatoes.  You can pour some of the beef juice on them if you want.  


Wash and cut red skin potatoes into about 1 inch pieces.  Place in cold salted water.  Boil until fork easily pierces the potatoes.  Strain and place in stand mixer.  Add butter, sour cream, splash of milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix until creamy.  


Enjoy!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.