Skip to main content

Spaghetti with Meatballs


 I made some wonderful turkey meatballs recently from the blog wellplated.com! 


Ingredients:

1/3 cup grated parmesan, I used the cheap stuff in a shakable can.

1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs, I used Panko mixed with Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon Kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder, I don't actually own onion powder so I skipped this ingredient

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 pound ground turkey

1 egg, beaten

Olive oil for brushing the tops of the meatballs


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Line a sheet pan with foil.  Spray with nonstick spray

Mix all the cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasonings together in a bowl.

Add the turkey and egg to the bowl and mix gently with your fingers.

Form 20 meatballs and place on sheet pan.

Bake for 15 minutes/ until meatball temp reaches 165.


While the meatballs cook prepare sauce and pasta.


Ingredients for tomato sauce:

1 jar triple mushroom pasta sauce

Olive oil

Garlic cloves, minced

Onion, diced

Green pepper, diced

Italian seasoning

Sugar

Salt & Pepper


Directions for tomato sauce:

In a saucepan, heat with jar of mushroom pasta sauce.  Add Italian seasoning and sugar.

In a sautee pan, heat olive oil.

When olive oil is heated, add onions and green pepper.  Season with salt and pepper.  Cook through for several minutes.

Add minced garlic to the onions and pepper and heat until fragrant.  About 1 minute.

Add all the sautee pan ingredients to the saucepan and continue to heat the pasta sauce to combine ingredients.


Dump the meatballs in the tomato sauce to coat and serve over pasta!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.