Skip to main content

Mexican Meatloaf

Ingredients for the loaves:

1 lb ground beef

1 -2 slices of bread (original recipe suggested crush tortilla chips) I used low carb bread

Can black beans.  Eyeball the amount you want.  A whole can is not needed 

Can corn.  Eyeball the amount, whole can is not needed.  

1 -2 eggs

salsa

1 packet taco seasoning

dash of milk.  I used almond milk 

Shredded cheddar cheese


Topping:  red enchilada sauce and more cheddar cheese

Serving Suggestions:  sour cream, salsa, guacamole, avocado slices


In a bowl place the bread and soak it in milk.  Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix using your hands.  I make mini loaves and this made about 5.  A few fell apart so I think I needed more egg and more bread to bind it together.  The addition of the corn and black bean made it hard for them to stay together I think.  Put the mini loaves on a sprayed sheet fan.  Top with red enchilada sauce.  When the loaves are done add cheese to the top and pop in the oven to melt.  Serve with your favorite Mexican toppings like salsa, sour cream, guacamole, or just sliced avocado.  


I had Wegmen's spanish cauliflower rice on the side.  It is found in the freezer section.  It tastes awesome and has similar ingredients to the meatloaf.  It has corn and black beans already in it.  The microwave bag makes 2 large helpings of rice.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.