Skip to main content

Pork Gouda Burgers


These were so good I have to make them again and soon!  Adam wanted burgers at the beach house so I took the ground pork out of the freezer and the rest of the ingredients were things I had.  Make these!  The caramelized onions with sriracha and lime blew my mind.


Ingredients:

2 brioche bun

2 slices gouda cheese

1 sweet onion, sliced thinly.  You will need about 2 tablespoons minced onion.

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 limes, for juice and zest!  The recipe saids 1 lime, but I used 2

1 teaspoon sriracha

1/2 teaspoon paprika

2 tablespoons mayo

2 tablespoons sour cream

10 ounces ground pork

3/4 teaspoon sugar

butter

olive oil

salt and pepper


Melt butter in a pan, add thinly sliced onion, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and a little salt.  Stir around the pan until soft and brown.  Do not let these burn!  Add a little touch of water if pan gets too hot.  This should take around 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in a squeeze of lime juice and sriracha.  Put in a bowl for topping burgers later.


In a bowl combine ground pork, the 2 tablespoons minced onion, 1 tablespoon of the minced garlic, the rest of the sugar, the paprika, and some salt and pepper.  Mix together with your hands and form two equal burger patties.  In the pan used for the onions, drizzle a little olive oil and cook each burger.  Top with cheese slices.  I like to add a touch of water to my pan when I add the cheese to steam it.  It helps the cheese enrobe the burger.  Remove burgers from the pan.


In the pan just used to cook the burgers, place the brioche buns to get toasty.  The burger drippings add a lot of flavor.


Lastly you need this sauce!  I love Hello Fresh burgers because they usually have a fun sauce.  In a small bowl combine the mayo and sour cream.  Add a squeeze of lime, the rest of the minced garlic, and the lime zest.  Season with salt and pepper.  Spread sauce on the bottom of the burger buns.


Layer the bun with sauce, then burger, the caramelized onions.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.