Skip to main content

Vday Theme breakfast at school


So my team chose the day after Valentines day for our turn at breakfast. I made strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles :) yum and I also made this coffee cake. I have no leftovers of this coffee cake!

Walnut Rippled Coffee Cake
from all recipes
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Walnut-Rippled-Coffee-Cake/Detail.aspx

1/4 cup water
4 eggs
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup sour cream



Instructions

1. Set aside 2 tablespoons cake mix. Place the remaining cake mix in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs, sour cream, oil and water; beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour half into a greased fluted 10-in. tube pan. Combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and reserved cake mix; sprinkle over batter. Top with the remaining batter.

2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

**my addition was making a little glaze for the cake. powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, and pink wilton coloring gel**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.