Skip to main content

Scalloped potatoes

It was nice weather here today so we invited friends over to grill.

I made pumpkin bread (from Trader Joes)
and I am making scalloped potatoes right now. They are almost finished.
They look so cheesy and good! So I didn't follow the recipe so much as I used it as a guideline. DH and I used 4 large potatoes and made a lot more sauce. We had several layers of potatoes in a large casserole dish that we normally use for lasagna

DH is grilling chicken he marinated with his apple BBQ sauce
Our friends are bringing some veggies and salmon (but I dont eat seafood)

Cheese Scalloped Potatoes

Emeril


Ingredients

* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 1/4 cups milk
* 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
* salt and pepper
* 3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, not rinsed

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F Fry the onion in butter until soft, add flour and whisk in with butter for 2 minutes.

2.Then whisk in the milk and cook (on medium heat) until thick and bubbly.

3.Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup of cheese, stirring until melted; season with salt and pepper.

4.Layer half of potatoes in a small baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with half of sauce.

5.Layer remaining potato slices on top of sauce and season. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

6.Bake, covered, for about an hour (mine is taking longer since I have so many potatoes and so many layers)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.