Skip to main content

Mexican Lasagna

So this recipe has been printed out several times by me and I've never gotten around to making it until today :)
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/08/cooking-with-pastor-ryan-delicious-mexican-lasagna/

My edits
MAKE HALF THE RECIPE
I have a seriously large casserole dish and half of the recipe just barely fits in

I made spanish rice, I believe it was Old El Paso
I added Franks Hot Sauce, black beans, and a can of diced green chilis to the meat, taco seasoning, onion, and garlic saute. I split the mixture into two layers instead of one.
I used small corn tortillas, 18 of them (I did three layers instead of the recommended two)
1 whole can of salsa verde in the bottom of the pan
1 whole can of enchilada sauce (the smaller 16 oz one) divided in two
frozen corn (not canned), I did one layer just like the directions indicated.

It is really yummy. We had it with a little sour cream on the side. It didnt take too long to put together and bake either.
I'll make it again! I think it'll be great as leftovers, it'll heat up nicely in the microwave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.