Beer Cheese fondue
* 1 sack, 10 ounces, 2 1/2 cups, shredded sharp Cheddar, available on dairy aisle
* 1/4 to 1/3 pound, 4 to 6 ounces, Gruyere, shredded
* 1 rounded tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 cup German lager beer
* 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
* A few drops hot sauce
* A few drops Worcestershire sauce
Combine cheeses in a bowl with flour. Add beer to a small pot and bring up to a bubble over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and add cheese in handfuls. Stir constantly, melting the cheese in batches. Stir in a figure-eight pattern with wooden spoon. When the cheese has been incorporated fully, stir in the mustard, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer fondue to warm fondue pot.
We served this last night with brats cooked in beer, zuchinni, mushrooms, green peppers, pumpernickel bread, tortilla chips, and sourdough pretzels. All of the cheese was gobbled up by the 5 of us.