Skip to main content

Chicken Noodle Soup

I had some celery left over from I cant remember what
Anthony said I should make some chicken noodle soup and use up the celery. It is going a bit soft in the fridge.

1 whole chicken, I removed the innards.
Egg noodles, large bag
bag of carrots
about 4 stalks of celery
1/2 onion
black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
minced garlic
salt
black pepper
2 cubes of chicken boullion

First I removed the innards. I put them in a ziplock bag because Anthony wants to eat them sometime. Gross!
Next I put the following items in the largest pot I own:
black peppercorns, bay leaves, minced garlic, about 1/4 chopped onion, 2 carrots chopped, and 2 celery stalks chopped, and lastly the chicken
I filled the pot with warm water
I put the pot with a lid on the stove and boiled the chicken for about 90 minutes
I stuck a meat thermometer in my chicken and it read 190 degrees
I pulled the chicken out with tongs and let it rest on a plastic cutting board
I strained the huge amount of liquid into a large bowl and dumped the veggies and bay leaves in the garbage
I put the stock back in my large pot and added salt(I poured a lot of salt in because when I tasted the broth it really needed it. TASTE before you season!), black pepper, chopped carrots and celery, boullion cubes, and my egg noodles.
I boiled the liquid until the egg noodles were cooked
While it was boiled I pulled apart my chicken. I made small bite sized pieces and added the chicken to my hot liquid.
I let the chicken warm up again in the liquid and then served the soup

We had the soup with some crackers. Yum! I cant wait to eat the leftovers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.