Skip to main content

Taste of Thai

So we went to Wegmans today and I picked up lemongrass and wanted to make something Thai. Anthony ended up making dinner and noticed that we ended up not using the lemongrass. HAHA
Dinner was so so so good. This is his recipe typed by him.

Thai Coconut Ginger Chicken
Serves: 3
Difficulty: easy
Spiciness: medium

olive oil
1.5 lb chicken tenders, cubed
1 tbsp diced garlic
1 tbsp diced fresh ginger
3 small Thai green chiles, halved lengthwise and cleaned of seeds
1/4 onion, sliced then quartered
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
1 packet Thai coconut ginger soup base
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 serrano chiles, cleaned of seeds and cut into thin strips
1 tomato, cut into wedges
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped

Heat a large skillet with olive oil in bottom. Sautee chicken, garlic,
ginger, Thai green chiles, onion, and lemon pepper until chicken is
slightly browned and mostly cooked.

Pour in chicken broth, coconut milk, soup base, sugar and cinnamon.
Bring to a boil. Add serrano chiles and tomato, then reduce heat to
simmer. Simmer until soup is creamy.

Serve over rice, garnished with chopped peanuts.

Note: Next time I would put a stripped red bell pepper in, puree a
couple extra serranos into the broth, and garnish with a wedge of lime
or fresh cilantro.

This picture was taken after we inhaled most of the meal :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.