Skip to main content

15 Bean Soup

This recipe was from Fix-It and Forget it Lightly
We had a ton of leftover ham to use up so this is what I found looking for ham and soup recipes. This was a good recipe to split into individual tupperware containers and reheating for lunches.

1 lb dry 15 bean mixture We looked at the beans in the mixture and bought the cans.
2 quarts of water
2 cups of ham, choppedWe used much more ham
1 cup onions, chopped
2 cups canned low sodium diced tomatoesWe probably used flavored diced tomatoes, one with garlic.
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablspoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Hot SauceWe add hot sauce to most soups

1. Soak beans in water overnight and drain
2. Mix beans, add water, and ham in slow cooker
3. cover and cook on low 8-10 hours
4. add remaining ingredients
5. Cook on high another hour

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.