This recipe was from Fix-It and Forget it Lightly
We had a ton of leftover ham to use up so this is what I found looking for ham and soup recipes. This was a good recipe to split into individual tupperware containers and reheating for lunches.
1 lb dry 15 bean mixture We looked at the beans in the mixture and bought the cans.
2 quarts of water
2 cups of ham, choppedWe used much more ham
1 cup onions, chopped
2 cups canned low sodium diced tomatoesWe probably used flavored diced tomatoes, one with garlic.
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablspoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Hot SauceWe add hot sauce to most soups
1. Soak beans in water overnight and drain
2. Mix beans, add water, and ham in slow cooker
3. cover and cook on low 8-10 hours
4. add remaining ingredients
5. Cook on high another hour