Skip to main content

Quick and Easy Treats?

So I have two quick and easy recipes to share for those who are looking for something to make for the holiday last minute ;)

Chocolate Fudge

1 8 ounce package cream cheese
3 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 square semi sweet baking chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and beat. Add the melted chocolate. Pour into a square pan and stick in the fridge for several hours. Slice up your fudge and eat. This is a soft fudge recipe



Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Inspired by this recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Butter-Cup-Cookies/Detail.aspx

2 packages Pillsbury simple peanut butter cookies
Mini Reeces Peanut Butter Cups
Christmas sprinkles

Take the peanut butter cookie and rip in half. Roll each half into balls.
Take the ball of cookie dough and place in a mini muffin tin, ungreased.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 8 minutes
Take out and immediately press an unwrapped PB cup into the center.
Leave them in the pan on the counter
When the PB cups look melty, add your Christmasty sprinkles
Let these cool completely!
I stuck my mini muffin tins in the fridge before popping the cookies out.

This will make 48 cookies because we are pulling each cookie apart doubling the number of cookies. Enjoy!



Christmas Trees

I bought these Christmas tree molds on sale at Michaels after Christmas
I used sprinkles, white chocolate candy coating and pretzel rods
They were super easy and my nieces and nephews enjoyed them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.