Skip to main content

Againn Restaurant Review

Againn/

This place just opened up in Houston's old place on Rockville Pike. Its like an Irish Bistro Pub. We tried it out last night. The food was really good but the menu is short so I don't know how often we'll go back. We also spent about $50 because we had two meals, an appetizer, a dessert, and two iced teas

The meat is farm raised. It makes me really want to go back to try the burger :) or maybe a steak

Aman had fish and chips and the chips were amazing (I stole a few)! He said the fish was just like he had in Dublin. They bring you a bunch of dipping options; vinegar, ketchup, mayo, mustard.

I ordered the corned beef sandwich and the meet was so soft and tender. The roll it was on was really soft and good. I felt like the horseradish sauce didn't have any bite though

We had the spinach artichoke dip for an appetizer and it was amazing. I think it had aged white cheddar and mushrooms. It was a different taste but delish.

We ended with a chocolate pecan tart that wasn't crazy chocolatey but had a nice salty flavor from the nuts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.