Skip to main content

Bacon Cheddar Sliders

We made these bacon cheddar sliders last weekend.  They were great!  I ended up freezing them because it makes so many.  This would be great for a party!  We added some bbq sauce after baking and I think it would be good to add some into the beef from the get go.  They reheated really well in the air fryer too.  



Ingredients:
1 large package of Hawaiian rolls.  I think mine may have been 24
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
2 lbs ground beef
24 strips of bacon, crumbled
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
GLAZE
1 cup melted butter, you could use half a cup and I think it'd be fine!  
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
sesame seeds, optional


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Without separating rolls, cut each package of rolls horizontally in half; arrange bottom halves in greased baking pan.
Sprinkle rolls with cheese. 
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking beef into crumbles, drain. 
Stir in tomatoes, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until combined.
Spoon beef mixture evenly over rolls; top with crumbled bacon. Replace tops. 
For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Microwave, covered, on high until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with sesame seeds. 
Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes.







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.