Skip to main content

Ribs


The night before making the ribs you need to make the rub and apply the rub.  

Make the rub in a tupperware container, you will have extra if you are only making a few racks.  

Lay out a few layers of tin foil.  Place the ribs on the foil, give them a generous amount of rib run top and bottom and seal them up in the foil.  Place foil wrapped ribs on a lipped sheet pan and place in the fridge overnight.


Rib Rub Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/4 cup white sugar

1/2 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup paprika

1-2 tablespoons cayenne (you can skip if you don't like heat)


To slow cook the ribs, preheat the oven to 275.  Place sheet pan with the ribs still wrapped in foil in the oven for about 4 hours.  Remove the ribs carefully from the foil and apply your favorite bbq sauce. 


I made corn boiled in a bit of a seafood boil.  I add bay leaves, old bay, salt, lemon juice, and garlic.  


The pasta salad is penne with feta cheese, halves grape tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion, and Italian dressing. 


Cornbread is usually Krusteaz honey cornbread mix.  I recently tried famous Dave's cornbread mix and it was really good too.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.