Skip to main content

Creamy Chicken Bake with Asparagus

 


Ingredients:

4-5 tablespoons butter.  I cooked the chicken in 4 tablespoons and then added 1 more when I sauteed the vegetables

1 1/2 pound chicken tenders cut into 1" pieces

1 pound asparagus cut into 1" pieces

1 small onion diced

1 zucchini diced

(minced garlic) I didn't use but I will next time.

1/2 cup chicken broth

3/4 cup heavy cream

salt

pepper

dried thyme (I didn't have this so I used dried parsley)

1/4 cup mayo

1 tablespoon dijon mustard

1 tablespoon lemon juice (I ended up using a lot more to squeeze over the dish at the end)

1 1/2 cups swiss and gruyer cheese blend

1/2 cup shredded parmesan for the top


Preheat oven to 375

Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray

Place cut asparagus in a microwave with 1/4 cup water.  Microwave 3 minutes, drain, dump into casserole dish.

In a large skillet melt 4 tablespoons butter.

Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes.  Turn after it starts to brown.  Continue cooking until done.

Remove chicken to casserole dish.

Add last tablespoon of butter to skillet drippings.

Add onion and zucchini to the skillet and sautee until tender.

(I would add minced garlic here, just stir until fragrant, about 1 minute)

Add chicken broth, cream, salt, pepper, thyme, dijon, mayo, and lemon juice.  Stir together and bring to a simmer.

Stir frequently for about 8-10 minutes until sauce has thickened.

Pour mixture into casserole dish.

Stir in the swiss and gruyer cheese.  

Mix all casserole ingredients together well.

Top with parmesan.

Bake for 30 minutes.


Serve with garlic bread and salad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.