Skip to main content

Thanksgiving!



We ordered a Thanksgiving meal from Cracker Barrel.  Adam and I have a tradition of having a Thanksgiving with just the two of us.  This year we did it on Wednesday.  I was at work so he picked the meal up and he cooked all of it!  He said the restaurant had a tent set up outside and the meals were in very nice cracker barrel boxes with our name on it.  We did 1pm pickup and he said it wasn't busy until he was ready to leave.  1pm was a great pickup time!  


The turkey breast, mashed potatoes, and broccoli casserole were standout great.  The sweet potatoes were okay with a heavy orange flavor.  I wouldn't get the entire meal again.  I'd order a la carte next time and make our own sides and rolls.  I did add broth to the turkey and I seasoned it with a little salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and paprika.  
 


After our private Thanksgiving we had the family Thanksgiving and I made the stuffing balls.  Cracker Barrel stuffing was horrible.  Mine was so great.  We only made a single batch this year.

1 roll of Jimmy Dean sausage
half an onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
chicken broth
1/2 stick butter
1.5 boxes of rosemary garlic stuffing from Aldi
2 eggs

Empty a package and a half of the stuffing mix into a large mixing bowl.
Melt the half stick of butter and add to the bowl.  
Cook sausage in a pan, then remove with slotted spoon keeping the drippings in the pan.  Put the cooked sausage in the mixing bowl.
Add all the vegetables and sautee.  Add broth and cook until carrots are softened.  They take the longest.  Add the cooked vegetables to the mixing bowl.  
Stir everything together really well.  Let cool for a bit.
Add 2 eggs and mix.
Place foil on a sheet pan covered in foil.  
Form balls and place on sheet pan.  Place in the fridge for a few hours.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.