Skip to main content

Crockpot Chili

We ate a HUGE lunch at Cheesecake Factory before going downtown to view the Jim Henson exhibit. It's the last day it's open and DH promised to take me. I was disappointed in it actually. It was smaller than I thought and didn't have anything from Labyrinth.

I decided to throw together some chili for a late dinner. We aren't hungry but probably will be when 9pm rolls around.

Crockpot Chili Recipe
1 packet of chili seasoning
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 (15oz) can of kidney beans, not drained
2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
1 pound ground beef, browned

Brown the ground meat and then stir everything together in the crockpot. I've got mine on low and it'll probably be cooking for at least 4 hours today.

Later I'm going to make some Jiffy mix cornbread. Yes it is a lazy Sunday :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.