Skip to main content

Great Steak

Safeway had a huge 6 pack of steaks for $16. They were nice thick, not too fatty, no bone kind of steaks. I grabbed them up. I also bought 2 cucumbers and some dill to make Bettina's cucumber salad.

When I got home I threw the steaks in a ziplock bag with some balsamic vinaigrette, minced garlic, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper.
They marinated about 2 hours.

I peeled and thinly sliced my cucumbers, threw them in a bowl, added sour cream and splashes of vinegar, then salt and pepper. I chopped up my fresh dill and threw that in too and stirred. I set it in the fridge for about 2 hours also.

Then I had some quick biscuit mix, cheddar garlic flavor. All I had to do was add water and drop them on a cookie sheet. The biscuits were actually pretty good. They could have used a little butter brushed on top. Maybe next time :)

After dinner we had dessert. Its ridiculous to eat this well on a Wed night right?
Brownies and ice cream. All Safeway made, but still yummy. I microwaved my brownie before topping with french vanilla ice cream and some peanut butter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.