Skip to main content

Spaghetti squash and meatballs

Last weekend I bought my first spaghetti squash at the farmers market.  I had some fresh meatballs frozen in my freezer along with tomatoes from our garden that were already roasted.  The sauce the roasted tomatoes made was AMAZING.  I use roasted tomatoes to make tomato soup too.

Ingredients:
Spaghetti squash
Meatballs
Fresh tomato sauce

Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the middle fibers and seeds.  Cover with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees.  This squash was roasted cut side up for about an hour.  I've seen some recipes were it only took them 35 minutes.  Check the doneness with a fork!  If it's hard then it's not done.  Use a fork to pull the squash from the sides of the skin and make the spaghetti noodles.  I happily took these leftovers to work for a few lunches.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.