Skip to main content

Paleo Maple Chicken Thighs

I was inspired by this recipe!  I only bought two little chicken thighs and didn't make a huge batch of chicken and ribs but I definitely will someday.  The chicken was so tender and wonderful.  The sauce was also very good.  I served the chicken with some diced sweet potatoes that I tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper and baked in a pan next to the chicken. 

Two bone-in chicken thighs
Less than a cup of unsweetened iced tea (I didn't have any apple juice which is what the recipe calls for) 
4 tablespoons maple syrup (I actually used hickory syrup because that's what I had)
2 tablespoons olive oil (instead of vegetable oil)
2 tablespoons coconut aminos (in place of soy sauce) 
3 whole cloves (I didn't have star anise) 
1 cinnamon stick broken in half 
6 cloves garlic that I did smash a little and peel

Throw all ingredients into a ziplock bag and refrigerate for as long as possible.  Mine marinated for about 4 hours. 

Bake the chicken and sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.