Skip to main content

Rosemary Biscuits

I think I told everyone I know yesterday how great this biscuit recipe is.  I am used to my paleo baked goods not being very good.  This recipe rocks and I'm so happy I found it.  I can see people making these biscuits to go with Easter ham next weekend.  My husband wants to try to make them spicy and use them with cornbread.  I'm using the leftover rosemary biscuits and adding some coconut butter and Italian seasonings to go with some zucchini spaghetti later this week.

You must rolls these out thick.  They do not rise and they do flatten out a bit.  I got about 9 biscuits out of the recipe.  I also used coconut flour on wax paper so the dough wouldn't stick while rolling.  I just like how fluffy coconut flour is and I happen to have more of it in my pantry than almond flour.

Almond Rosemary Biscuits
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
plus 1/2 cup for dusting (I used coconut flour for dusting)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped

Instructions:
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with a silpat.
Combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and rosemary in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, and coconut oil.
Mix wet ingredients into dry until a nice dough forms.
Lay one sheet of wax paper down on a flat surface and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
Place dough in center of parchment paper and sprinkle with additional flour.
Place another sheet of wax paper over dough and roll dough into 1-inch thickness.
Using a biscuit cutter cut rounds out of dough.
Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.