Monday, March 25, 2013

Rutabaga Hashbrowns

I just love these!  I've made them for breakfast twice now.  I used this recipe
I threw half a rutabaga and half an onion into my food processor.  I added seasonings, just salt and pepper, and fried it all in some coconut oil. 

Ingredients (2 servings)
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup diced onion.  I used a sweet yellow onion
  • 2 cups shredded rutabaga.  I just shredded half a large rutabaga 
  • 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. Heat a frying pan (I used nonstick) on medium-high heat and add the coconut oil.
  2. Add everything into the pan and cook for a few minutes to soften the onion.
  3. Continue cooking on medium heat tossing gently a few times for about 10 minutes. Cook for another 5 minutes pressing down with a spatula to brown them a bit more being careful not to burn the rutabaga.
  4. Use a spatula to remove from the pan and eat!  So simple and very good.  



No comments: