I threw half a rutabaga and half an onion into my food processor. I added seasonings, just salt and pepper, and fried it all in some coconut oil.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion. I used a sweet yellow onion
- 2 cups shredded rutabaga. I just shredded half a large rutabaga
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan (I used nonstick) on medium-high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add everything into the pan and cook for a few minutes to soften the onion.
- Continue cooking on medium heat tossing gently a few times for about 10 minutes. Cook for another 5 minutes pressing down with a spatula to brown them a bit more being careful not to burn the rutabaga.
- Use a spatula to remove from the pan and eat! So simple and very good.