Skip to main content

Potato Soup




Ingredients:
3-4 Carrots in a small dice
3 stalks celery in a small dice
half a large onion diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
several red potatoes in a small dice
about 4 pieces of honey baked ham diced
Bit of flour
1 cube of chicken boullion
2 cups warm water
salt and pepper
dashes of hot sauce
milk
8 ounces velveeta cheese product


Melt a stick of butter in a soup pan.

Sautee the carrot, celery, onion until soft.  Salt and pepper the veggies.  Add garlic and stir.  Add potatoes and ham.  Add in flour and stir in until it's cooked off and not raw.  Next pour in 2 cups warm water and add the boullion cube.  Let boil and thicken.  Boil until potatoes are fork tender.  I ended up adding milk in a little at a time to keep the potatoes covered in liquid as they cooked.  When potatoes were tender I added in the velveeta and stirred until combined.  Add a few dashes of hot sauce and serve.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.