Skip to main content

Universal Studios Florida etc.

 We went to Universal Studios Florida in November.  We tried a lot of different places to eat!


We stayed at Cabana Bay.  On check in day we ate at the Bayliner Diner in the hotel.  We both ordered the half jerk chicken and sides.  I had rice and beans.  The beans were very good and the chicken was moist.  We also bought the refillable soda cup for the resort.  We used it throughout the week and it was a great buy.  

For dinner we had a reservation at Vivo in City Walk.  You can easily make and cancel dinner reservations using the Universal Studios app.  We hopped on the Cabana Bay bus and headed to City Walk.  You have to go through security first.  This ended up being our best meal.  I was also huge and we had leftovers we took back to our room.  We had a family suite with a fridge, microwave, a few paper plates, and the kitchenette had stools.  I ordered the caprese to start.  We split it, but it filled me up!  I had the funghi pizza as my entree.  Ate about 2 slices.  The boyfriend had bolognese with added meatball.


Day 2 we went to Islands of Adventure.  We had breakfast vouchers for Three Broomsticks.  You can order anything off the menu and it comes with a drink.  I had the pancake breakfast and a butterbeer.  The butterbeer was a little too sweet for breakfast.  Boyfriend had the American breakfast and a butterbeer.

Lunch was at Confisco Grille in the park.  I had the loaded nachos which were good, but could have been hotter.  Boyfriend had the chicken curry which was steaming hot and he really enjoyed it.  

Our snacks for the day were Cinnabon for the boyfriend and I got a fabulous slice of cheesecake at Croissant Moon Bakery.  It was quiet, not crowded, and had indoor seating.  The bakery was fabulous. 

Dinner we had reservations at Big Fire in City Walk.  I was disappointed in my meal.  I had the pork 2 ways with pork tenderloin and pork belly.  It was over cheese grits which were not creamy, but a solid mass with a tiny side of greens.  Neither of the pork had sauce and were just grilled and bland.  The pieces of pork were also tiny.  Boyfriend got the seafood bake and seemed to enjoy it, but I finished my meal probably 10-15 minutes before him.  He had to open shells and his was super hot so he couldn't eat right away. 


Day 3 we went to Universal Studios.  We had breakfast vouchers for Leaky Cauldron.  Again you can order anything off the menu and order a drink.  I got the same breakfast, but with orange juice this time.

Lunch was the worst part of the day for me.  We ate in the Simpsons area.  The restaurants are all indoors in like a food court.  You can't go up to them and order before standing in a single massive line.  We ordered burgers and they were just fine.  It was the wait that killed me.  

We actually bought the park refillable soda cup at Universal.  You have to charge it up each day, but we only used it this one time.  Shared it between us.  

Dinner was in City Walk at Pat O'Briens.  The food is supposed to be New Orleans style, but nothing we ordered was spicy.  The drinks here are fabulous!!!!  The food was just ok.  I did get one of my requested songs played.  Unfortunately we left our credit card behind and didn't know until after we had bused back to the hotel.  We did get it back.  


Day 4 We had breakfast at the Bayliner Diner.  They have all kinds of food options and I had a huge breakfast burrito.  We started in Islands of Adventure because they had early entry.  We wanted to do the Hogwarts express to Universal Studios were we had a Shutterbuttons reservation for a photo shoot.  We had a horrible wait.  Turns out there were technical difficulties and only 5 rides were running at the park so the few things that were running (like the train) had crazy wait times.  We shopped at the big candy store and tried butterbeer ice cream!  This was fantastic.  The shutterbuttons had us wait 30 mins for our session even though we had a reservation.  Overall this was maybe the worst day of the trip.  

Dinner I cancelled our reservations and mobile ordered a pizza from Red Brick Oven in City Walk.  It took forever to get the pizza and it was absolutely cold when we ate it at our hotel.  I should have ordered pizza at Cabana Bay instead.  

We went bowling at our hotel.  You need to make a reservation in advance.  We ordered the fried cheese curds and they were really good!  There is a soda filling station too and I'm glad we took our cup along.  


Day 5 was spent by the pool while we had checked out, but couldn't check into our Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek condo.  We had breakfast at the diner, lunch at the pool grill, and several drinks.  There is a refillable alcohol cup for Cabana Bay.  We bought it on day 1 and you then get a discount on poolside drinks.  When we made it to our condo I made a Walmart order and then we had dinner at a Mexican place on property.  It was  over $100.  The most shockingly expensive meal of our whole trip.  We had some chips with corn dip, a few drinks, two quesadillas.  


Day 6 we made breakfast and took snacks to the pool.  We chilled out all day.  I ordered delivery from the pizza place on property.  Boyfriend had spaghetti, I had a pizza and a salad.  It was a very cheap meal and delivered right to our room.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov

Low iodine taco

Taco seasoning Ground Beef Red Onion, diced Garlic, minced Lettuce, shredded Avocado Lime juice Tomato, diced 1 Jalapeno, diced No salt salsa Unsalted tortilla chips, I used Guiltless Gourmet Taco Seasoning 2 teaspoons cumin 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 teaspoon non iodized salt 1 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon cayenne 1 teaspoon corn starch Guacamole 3 avocados juice of 1 lime 1/4 of a diced red onion diced jalapeno Mix together taco seasoning ingredients and add to 1 pound ground meat, minced garlic, and 3/4 of diced onion. Brown meat, garlic,b and onions until cooked through. Put no salt added tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl, meat mixture, salsa, lettuce and guacamole

Low Iodine Diet

I have to be on this low iodine diet for a while. At least until the end of February. You will be seeing some new recipes coming as my husband and I try to cook things to fit this diet. More info can be found here Thyroid Cancer Survivor Association I don't have thyroid cancer. I do have to have the same treatment as a thyroid cancer patient would have. Don't worry! I'll be fine in a few months. Some of the guidelines include -No seafood. no problem since I don't eat any -No soy products. no soy sauce, no tofu, no soy beans. sadness :( -No processed foods. The frozen meals I like to eat at lunch at work are now OUT. AHHHHHHHHHH and so are things like canned soup. Good bye tomato soup in a can -No dairy. Whatever is used to clean the cow milking equipment has iodine. how will I like without milk, cheese, and yogurt. it really puts a damper on my breakfast options. -Only fresh bread. I just threw a loaf of sliced wheat bread in the freezer for when the diet