Skip to main content

Taco Soup








This recipe was incredibly easy and I'm sure my boyfriend could make it for me sometime!
Taco soup served over cilantro lime rice with a side of beef and cheese taquitos.  I felt like the taquitos weren't necessary and I can skip next time.

Taco Soup:
1 pounds ground beef, browned and fat drained
1 can corn, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can diced green chilis
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can chili beans
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning
1 1/2 cups water ( used some leftover beef broth and then filled the rest with water)

Plus additional toppings!

Bring soup to a boil and heat at least 15-20 minutes.
Serve over rice.  I prefer cilantro lime rice.  I added extra lime juice.
Toppings we used were shredded cheddar, sour cream, lime juice, and hot sauce.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.