Skip to main content

Purdue Breaded Chicken Cutlet



This came in a pack of 4 and it made the easiest chicken parmesan this week.  I found it at the Walmart.  I sprayed a baking sheet, placed the chicken on the sheet, and then sprayed the chicken a little bit.  Heated the oven to 425 and cooked the chicken 6 minutes, flipped it over, and cooked another 6 minutes.  We made our usual spaghetti sauce, a mushroom based jarred sauce with sauteed onion, green pepper, garlic, touch of sugar, and italian seasoning.  I turned the oven to broil, topped the chicken with tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, then a circle of provolone, and put it under the broiler until the cheese was melting and started to brown a little.  Serve with some cooked spaghetti noodles topped with your sauce.  I also had steamed broccoli on the side.  No leftovers!


Shown is a chicken parm sandwich.  For the leftover chicken parmesan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.