Skip to main content

Salvadorian Slaw or Curtido

 I get pupusas frequently with my coworkers and I bought a frozen box of them from Aldi.  They didn't come with slaw or hot sauce so I looked up how to make Salvadorian style slaw to go with them.  


Ingredients:

1/4 to 1/2 a green cabbage, thinly sliced

1 onion, diced

1 carrot, shredded

1 jalapeno or use 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup vinegar

2 teaspoons salt


Directions:

In a bowl whisk together water, vinegar, salt, oregano, and crush red pepper.

Add cabbage, carrot, and onion.

Cover and refrigerate for a day before use.

You could also transfer to mason jars.

Slaw will last refrigerated up to a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.