The party we went to today had BBQ pork, brisket, coleslaw, rice and beans, potato salad, fruit salad etc. To go with the BBQ type food my husband decided to make jalapeno cheddar cornbread muffins. These were made in mini muffin tins.
Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread Mini-Muffins
makes ~84 mini-muffins (7 dozen)
* 2 (8 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 (8 or 8.5 ounce) can cream-style corn
* 8 ounces sour cream
* 6 large jalapenos, diced
* 8oz sharp cheddar, shredded coarsely
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Beat eggs. Gently blend in milk, sour cream and corn, then the cornbread mix.
3. Gently fold in the cheese and jalapenos.
4. Bake in greased mini-muffin tins for 11 minutes, or until edges are browned. Allow to cool on pan for a couple minutes before turning them onto a cooling rack. Re-grease/spray pans between batches.
If you'd like to skip the mini-muffin pan and use a regular sheet cake pan, you'll need to more than double the bake time and check it with a toothpick before taking it out (though some moisture will pull on the toothpick due to the cheese and creamed corn, so don't be fooled).