Skip to main content

Williamsburg VA



We purchased 2 10-item sampler tickets for Busch Gardens Mardi Gras event.  We had rum runners, hurricanes, margaritas, crawfish boil, beignets, cajun chicken, gumbo, cajun meatballs, etc.  All were pretty good.  The beignets were so good we got them both days.  



We went to Matchsticks BBQ for dinner.  I got pork with mac n cheese and slaw on top.  Boyfriend got pork with greens and beans on top.  These were so good!  I highly recommend this place.  You wont go hungry and it was fantastic.  They do sell out so go early.  


Dessert was the limoncello cake from Sal's by Victor.  We had Sal's last time we visited.  My pasta was bland, but the cakes were so good I wanted to get it again this visit.  


Next dinner night was Olde Towne Pizza and Pasta.  Classic Italian American dishes.  This was baked ziti with beef covered in a lot of cheese.  Maybe too much cheese!  I enjoyed it though.




This breakfast was Tipsy Beans.  I had the pineapple mango smoothie and the peanut butter banana granola toast.  Food was solid.  Service was good.  I'd go again!  We tried Another broken egg cafe too.  I had a power waffle with banana and a drizzle of peanut butter.  I don't know if it was worth going back for more.  



 We were in Williamsburg for National Margarita Day!  We tried La Terraza.  They have $3 house margaritas on Monday and Tuesdays.  I had 3!  They were actually pretty strong, but small.  Boyfriend and I both got the burrito Mexicano.  It was huge and delicious.  We also had queso fundido which I haven't had in a long time.  The only downfall of this place was their chips.  They weren't great.  Not fresh tasting at all.  The salsa was also bland.  No kick to it at all.  Not even garlic and oniony.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Toby's Miracle of 24th Street

  The specialty drink for the show was a frozen hot chocolate.  It had Baily's 

Kelsey's Pub and Restaurant Thanksgiving

Kelsey's was one of the few places selling a Thanksgiving for 2 and it was only $75.  It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing with sausage, green bean casserole gravy, cranberry sauce, and rolls with a honey butter.  I ordered an additional apple pie too.  It was a perfect amount and I managed to get everything reheated ready to eat in 1 hour.