Skip to main content

Stuffed Pepper Soup

 

It felt like soup season for a little bit!  The temperatures in the morning were chilly.  Then it got back into the 80s in the afternoons.  


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey

1 diced onion

minced garlic cloves, about 3

1 diced red pepper

1 can tomato sauce

1 can of diced tomatoes with green chili (undrained)

2 cups beef broth or chicken broth (more may be needed to make it soupy)

Rice or noodles (I had run out of rice)

4 sliced of American cheese

dried oregano

dried basil

paprika

salt 

pepper


In a soup pot sautee beef, onion, peppers in some olive oil.  

Toss garlic in and stir for a minute until fragrant.

Add tomato sauce and canned diced tomato.

Add seasonings

Add 2 cups broth

Bring to a boil

Add rice or noodles cooked according to the package.

(Since I used noodles I threw them in the boiling soup until cooked.  About 12 minutes)

At the end of cooking melt in 4 slices American cheese.  It's what the Pioneer Woman does with homemade hamburger helper and since I used noodles the soup started going that way.

Drain the grease and return to soup pot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.