Skip to main content

Hot Dish

 


I have watched Girl on the Farm make hot dish before.  This is my first time making or eating one.


1 lb ground beef

1 diced onion

1 can corn, drained

1 can diced tomatoes with green chili, not drained

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

2 cups cheddar cheese

1 cup sour cream

frozen tater tots

1 packet taco seasoning

dried parsley for color


In a hot pan brown the ground beef with diced onions and then drain.  Return to pan and stir in seasoning, corn, beans, diced tomatoes, 1 cup of cheese, 1 cup sour cream.  When everything is combined, add to a greased casserole dish.  Top with the last cup of cheese and tater tots.  Bake in oven at 425 until tots are golden brown.  Sprinkle parsley for color after baking.


This could have used a green veggies like peas, but Adam doesn't like them!  I didn't have canned green beans on hand.  The dish was a hit and made good leftovers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.