Skip to main content

Homemade Sloppy Joes

 


I hosted my first holiday party at my townhouse.


Ingredients:

about 2 lbs ground beef

1.5 diced small yellow onion

12 tablespoons bbq sauce

6 tablespoons ketchup

5 ounces beef stock

1.5 tablespoons cornstarch

Hamburger buns

salt and pepper

Olive oil


Directions:

In a large pot add a drizzle of olive oil.  While oil is heating, mix together the bbq sauce, ketchup, beef stock, and cornstarch in a small bowl.  Add diced onion to oil, stir until softened, and then add ground beef.  Add salt and pepper to the beef and brown the beef.  Drain excess liquid.  Stir in the bowl of bbq sauce mixture and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.  Serve on hamburger buns.  


I made the sloppy joe meat a day ahead of the party and kept it in a crockpot on warm during the party.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 layer salad bars

I needed a quick baby shower food for today. I think a nestie recommended this recipe. Its from Pampered Chef originally. It was yummy and it is all gone! It did not last more than a few hours. *I used both shredded cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese on my salad bars! Seven Layer Salad Squares Pampered Chef Ingredients 2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup miracle whip 1 clove garlic, minced 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided 1 tomato, sliced shredded lettuce 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion Directions 1) Preheat oven to 375° F. 2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. 3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan. 4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust. 5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from ov...

Thanksgiving Leftovers

What did everyone do with their turkey leftovers? We roasted a turkey breast Friday night. We carved the meat off the bone and made turkey stock with the bones and some vegetables overnight. Saturday I made turkey pot pie and my husband made turkey noodle soup.

Trader Joes Orange Chicken

People are always asking what everyone likes to buy at Trader Joes. Last night we used the orange chicken in a new way. We cooked the chicken and sauce following the instructions on the bag but we used the chicken to top a salad. I bought romain lettuce, a red bell pepper, green onions, and Ken's asian sesame dressing. Then I sprinkled some sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes on top of my chicken. It was pretty similar to Pei Wei spicy chicken salad. I felt a little better about eating the batter covered chicken on top of a salad :) try it sometime.